As AutoSportsNation has mentioned previously, Matt LeBlanc’s future is up in the air regarding his presenting duties on BBC’s sub-par reboot of their once-proud “Top Gear” motoring show franchise. LeBlanc co-presented Series 23 with Chris Evans but his contractually obligated top priority is to his new CBS series “Man with a Plan”, which will be debuting on October 24, 2016.
Evans departed “Top Gear” after horrific drops in ratings and LeBlanc’s future with the show is tenuous at best as evidenced by LeBlanc’s lukewarm thoughts on the matter at a Beverly Hills press junket for his new CBS show.
LeBlanc was asked Wednesday whether he would return to the show and told reporters at the Television Critics Association – “I don’t know – call the BBC.”
LeBlanc has said he is eager to return to the multi-camera format with the family comedy-themed “Man with a Plan” that will be shot before a live audience and require one night of filming per week.